Saturday, February 14, 2009

Realizations ...

12th Feb, 2009

Saw Dev D! It had received 4(*) and 5 (*) in the various reviews – rave, all of them.
How much loss should a person incur to realize that he/she is wrong? Acceptance is difficult. Accept that what you are doing or what you have done is wrong. It could be anything. I once shouted badly at a lady driving a car for nearly running me over. She was wrong but my reaction was too. A friend pointed it out to me and I argued my side, argued like there was no one more right. But I realized I was wrong – albeit late. I couldn’t go back and undo anything. I probably learnt something from that realization.

Deep thoughts you would say. But people don’t get second chances many a times. That why I write these down so that some day if I forget it and shout at somebody or harm somebody, I can realize and say that I am sorry!

Well yeah Dev D did get this thought process going. It’s a well made movie. I liked it. I read in the mirror that anurag Kashyap – the director – was himself a drug addict, alcohol addict and in bad shapes. He has made this movie today and made it well. Guess he realized somewhere that he was wrong and made amends. He was not too late from the looks of it. Critics say that Abhay Deol is a great actor. He is good and he is also making some good movie choices. I mean his previous movies “Ek challis ki ..”,” Oye lucky ..”, “Manorama …” and “Dev D” - all have been unconventional and have worked well with the audiences. From the promos this seemed like a sleazy movie but it wasn’t. I eat my seemings (no such word, not on ctrl+alt+W but chalta hai). I mean it does deserve an A rating but its well made. It shows the dark side of Delhi life – the Delhi (under)Belly - only pun intended at Aamir’s next movie :-D

Surely not a 5* but I would give it 4! Am no Rajeev Masand or Khaled Mehmood but hey I have my opinions - I know, I know … who cares but I like to give it anyways ;-).
I didn’t blog last week - was pre-occupied and I also had a surgery. Operated on myself, did I. Cutting yourself up with a surgical blade can be scary. It was actually, especially given my shivering hands :D But it had to be done. Probably might need one this week too. Have a painful corn on my foot which is turning out to be truly abominable…

Couple of weeks back I got a comment from a friend that I write well. I thank you my dear friend for the compliment. Though I don’t know if I really do write well but Yes … I do like to write. It’s a different feeling altogether when you read it after a few years when life has changed (for better or for worse) and you see this note. Its like a you seeing your childhood photos and realizing that you looked so cute then - What happened now!! ? !!… khi khi khi ….

A lot of realizations here so let me label this entry with that.
The weather outside is chilly and people are falling ill so take care all.

~KK

No comments: