Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tezaab ....

2/17/09
I am listening to “So Gaya Ye Jahan …” from Tezab. 1988 it was I think when it released. Nitin Mukesh’s voice – very different and soothing music I guess from Laxmikant Pyarelal. Brings back a lot of memories. It was the first song that I sang in a competition at Don Bosco summer camp in Nasik and won first prize there. Yes I actually used to sing well. My voice is no longer there… lost it over time. I still remember that day. I was so elated at getting that prize. It was just a certificate and 10 points for my group but an achievement for me nonetheless. Was a kid so that explains ...

No practice coupled with other stuff has snuffed out the decent voice I once had. I would love to go back and start back. My mom had put me into a Carnatic music class with MaPaMaPa maami (as I used to call her) but I left after a year or so. I know I should have continued :(

Well now I record my voice and it is so bad that I don’t dare record it again. I have actually sang and recorded songs – a whole 90 minute cassette (Irony is I don’t even have a cassette player now :D) but then it was an in thing till a few years back. And the cassette that I recorded – don’t have it too. Gave it to a friend so … that’s another claim to fame gone down the drain (wow that rhymes)

Allrite .. Sach me So Gaya Ye Jahan .. So Gaya Aasmaan (translated – the whole world is asleep… so are the skies) I should sleep too now.

2 posts in a day for me today. Will doze off to Pink Floyd - Run Like Hell & Is there anybody out there!

Bon Nuit Mes Amies!

~KK

Ps. try listening to "Is there anybody out there" with the lights off .. the starting part is creepy till the guitar starts ... :D

No comments: