Friday, February 20, 2009

Delhi 6 & A Long Weekend!

I just saw Delhi 6 … Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra has done a good job. It has a message like his last movie RDB… AB Jr. is very good and Sonam is sweet but the end of the movie screws up the whole thing … it did atleast for me. I mean first I thought that it would be a sad ending again …then there was heaven and near death experience and all that … I mean I was reminded of the part from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows where HP goes to heaven and meets and talks to Dumbeldore and then returns … and AB Sr. was nothing like Dumbleedore!!! Cmon ROM … you dint have to blatantly pick that up… But overall … its shown as a Delhi 6 ka movie but it is a movie about India … with its good things and bad as seen from the eyes of an ABCD.

Big goof ups – Abhishek Bachhan is an ABCD who speaks English with an American accent but his hindi doesn’t have any accent. WTH!!! Masakalli was picturized beautifully with American hip hop steps and all :) My friend fell head over heals for Sonam Kapoor (whom I saw for the first time as I dint have the courage for Sawariyaa) and she is sweet n simple n beautiful (am I overdoing it?) Allright she was OK. But she dint have too much of a role … TOI has given it 3* … I concur!

So the long weekend is here … and after a lot of uncertainties, I am going on that road trip. It was fun doing the planning, printing maps, checking the best routes, enquiring around for the best roads and most scenic ones. It reminded me of all the planning I had done for my trips while in the US – Yosemite, PCH, Niagara, Vegas, Grand Canyon and lot more. That was fun and people who were with me would surely know. It would be the farthest I would be going till date on the Konkan side, into the land of Kobras. :-)

My leg hurts … and I am scared of what is gonna happen when the salty Arabian sea touches the wound on my leg … but what the heck. I have to do this!!! My colleague from work is doing a solo Mumbai – Jaisalmer – Mumbai in 3 days. And he has left after work, driving the night on Ahmedabad highway. Drive safe dude. Some do it for work, some for the sheer pleasure and love.

One more first happened today … a rickshaw rear tire ran over my toes while I had stopped at the signal … it pained a bit but seems ok now :D I know … too many randomly insane things happening with me. What to do… I seem to attract trouble like there’s nobody else.

All right then … Will be off. Hope to have a good ride and come back to tell it all here … Exclusive! So keep reading ;-)

Adios.
~KK

Ps. Burger Chaap…. That’s what Sonam calls AB. Corny, n’est ce pas …………
Ps2. Wrote this last nite but cudnt post it due to net trouble so doin it now.

No comments: