Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Damn this recession

Came in this morning to news of how the recession is killing the big 3 auto companies of Detroit, Michigan, USA – GM, Ford, Chrysler … There might be a lot of job cuts – reports say 47000 only at GM and a lot of brands would be cut down or closed to justify the need for $15 Billion + requirement from the government. One of the brands which is going to take a hit is Pontiac which is part of the GM brand wagon. That is soooooo bad … love those cars … particularly the Pontiac G6 … that was the car that I gave my driving test in, for my license back in the US … shiny red and great handling. I cleared the test in my first attempt which was an achievement given the history of the number of people at my company, clearing the driving test on the first attempt. I will not give all the credit to the car coz the person behind the wheels also matters but then again … it was one amazing car. Check it out.



This is now going to boil over into India too. And with no social security unlike the US, its gonna be bad for people laid off here. I mean GM - with Chevrolet and Opel brands & Ford are present in India too with big investments ... Aaargh!

It’s sad to see the repercussions of bad times – things you liked doing, places you loved to visit, people you liked being with… at work – so many things have been affected. Sure life will bounce back and all the other blah blah blah are true but hey that doesn’t mean you don’t feel the pinch – and sometimes these pinches hurt bad!

Well I only hope I get to drive a Pontiac G6 sometime in the future … and a G8 and a Solstice and a Chrysler 300 and a Hummer and a Saturn Vue and a Saab … I won’t buy them all of course - Enterprise Zindabad ;-) (Translated as Long live Enterprise – which is a car rental co in the US and was our lifeline there – 1-800-Enterprise)

Have a great day folks...!
~KK

No comments: