Thursday, January 29, 2009

Some News & A Tale...

A very good friend of mine – AA – became a proud father of a cute baby girl today :-) The joy in his voice when he called up to give the news was palpable … so much different than any other good news that one can give… I am very happy for u dada … may a lot more happiness come your way with this new sunshine in your life.

Aah … now for the kholi on fire wala kissa …

Last week … early in the morning around 8 … I got up to heat water – aint got no geyser so use an immersion rod … so I started it up and went back to enjoy some extra slumber - who can resist that eh (actually a few names do come to my mind … but discount those souls will ya …) I don’t know how long I had dozed off but my sweet dreams were broken by a crackling noise … I opened my eyes and my main switch board was on fire … where the heater is plugged in... real flames … I was livid even in that state … why is this happening was my first thought … I got up thinking what should I do to put it out when there a loud “Phaaaaaat” sound and then a calm so unnerving that I dinno what to do. The stench of burning wire was the only thing that got me back to present and I sat down on the floor grateful that I was safe and more so .. that the room and the building was still standing. And the worst part about this whole thing was that I had changed the electric plug 3 days back … dunno whose fault it was … (da plug or the heating rod – I don’t want to have any more suspects to avoid any more complications …) but I was left with no power and lukewarm water to move on with my day. I am in Mumbai so that wasn’t much of a problem. Rushed off to work with a to-do in my brain to get mr. gawde ..the electrician and give him some work.
It was all ok when we got down to checking it later in the evening. The main fuse had blown off along with the heater 3-pin plug thereby putting out the fire (which was the wire burning) and saving the plug point … and my shoes … and my clothes … and last but also the least yours truly ofcourse!!!
So today I live to tell my tale and give da plug another chance to wreck havoc in my life! (Trying to do some mandavli on that end… wl keep u updated)
And yea ..for the one soul who asked me - & for any more who might be playing with the idea (which I doubt going by my hits) - Amelia Bones is the head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement... heard of first in Order Of Phoenix and then dying in the Deathly Hallows.
:-)
~ KK

No comments: