Friday, November 21, 2008

The Visitor ………..!!!

Since I shifted to my new “kholi” or apartment (if I can call it that), I had a first visit of the rodent kind. It all started yesterday night around 1 am when I heard noises and knew that there was an intruder around but I shooed off the thought thinking it was not “inside”. Today morning after I returned home from the gym (yea yea yea I know .. it’s a recent phenomenon) and sat down with the paper, the rodent a.k.a. house rat or mouse or whatever made its appearance, scampering across the floor from point a to point b. As a startled and shocked onlooker, I was rooted to my spot. I don’t have a cot or a bed and my mattress is basically on the floor so I dint have any elevated place to jump on to also (well I ain’t a big fan of rats and mice). So my next few moments of existence were spent trying to figure out what to do.

Managed to come back to my senses and grabbed the broom though I had no intention (nor the guts) to kill it. Once I had moved the mattress onto the chair, I opened the window and the main door so that it has an escape route out of my kholi. Then I started tapping around the place where it was hiding and all it did was run across the room to hide below the cupboard which was next to the door. So that was now my intention, to lead it to the door … broom tapping restarted and after a couple of minutes, it ran n slid across the floor as if it was the most terrified being in that room (no two guesses as to who was…) and managed to dash out of my kholi! (“Phew!”) While I was left to recollect my senses and let the fact sink in that I had just had a visitor who probably was looking for some grub but had to be shooed away.
It’s been a while (last visit was at my bund garden apartment) but I hope there aint no more such visits. One thing that this visit has done is I would be entering my house for the next few days tapping away to glory and making silly noises to see if it’s around. :D
~KK

Ps: Visitors to my blog … please feel welcome to put in any comments on any of my posts … would love to hear from all.

No comments: