Saturday, July 25, 2009

Luc n Late Nites....

Just saw a distant cousin (whom I have never ever met and the only connection I have with him is his mom is on my fb friends list) sing this amazing Tamil song with just his voice and no instruments … will post the link here after getting permission over here … but it was very good and I am not such a big tamil music fan – ironical but true. Its funny come to think of it… he has been born n brought up in the US and he is a better exponent of classical music that quite a few people I know who live in India … n that includes me. People out there give more importance to Indian culture (in some ways) and this is a subjective thing absolutely… guess its natural. We mortals, sitting here in India try to ape the west while our country people there try to bring the India to their cold n dollar rich homes there. It may be coz my earlier generation was born n bred in this country and went there post 20+ years of India stay. Will the same case be applicable for those in my generation who have been born n brought up there? Parental n community pressure may have had them learn karnatic classical music or Hindustani or tabla or harmonium but will they go ahead and put the same pressure or have the same expectations from their kids? May be …. May be not … have some relatives there and also a lot of friends so it is always the same thing that I hear or see. Ah well such is the way of life… :)

Saw Luck and it was the most amazing DKD read Dimaag Ka Dahi movie …. Shruti Hassan was disappointing to say the least … her father n mother’s shoes too big to be filled may be… but she looks sweet. She has brown eyes… but with some white marks in the cornea (would that be the brown part of the eye? )…. Oh but Harry Potter was awesome last week. Totally !!! Expelliaramus !!!

What am I doing here u may ask … up so late … n I would say work… still in office … damn these bugs n payments n bills … they are killing me :(( sneaking in some lines before I go back …

Waiting for some news … anything good … a bike ride in the rain perhaps… or is it too risky…

Bon Nuit mes amis
~KK

No comments: